Many organizations have things, but that does not always mean that they benefit from these things.
- An organization can have a performance system, but leaders are just fill in the blanks without much guidance or thought to help people develop.
- An organization can have innovative ideas, but has not gotten around to making a plan.
- An organization can have a developed strategy, but may not have ever used it to make decisions.
- An organization may have priorities, but it may not have accountability and a path forward.
- A leader may have a coach, but has not used the opportunity effectively.
The most expensive suit/outfit a person will ever buy is the one they never wear. We need to make sure we don’t just “have” things, but have taken the next steps to get the full value.