What Leaders Really Want: Investible Opportunities
Leaders often say they want more ideas from their organization. Ideas are actually plentiful. What leaders really want are investible opportunities. Investible opportunities are ideas into which the organization is willing to invest time, attention, and resources. Have a great idea? Turn it into an investible opportunity by:
- making benefits clear and compelling
- acknowledge and minimize associated costs
- evaluate and make plans to minimize organization disruption
- clearly connect the effort with strategy
- Demonstrate an asymmetrical risk/reward profile
The world is full of “great ideas.” Don’t stop there. Push yourself and your organization to create investible opportunities—that’s where the smart money is.